Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G21 Striker Not Moving Freely

codlinjr

Help!! with the slide off and being held upside down, I push in the safety plunger but the striker does not fall through the hole. I have to push it down ever so slightly and then it does, but my G17 falls right through without help. I cleaned the channel out and even pulled the liner out (waiting on the new one to replace it) but it still sticks. Does anyone have any ideas of what ewlse might be the problem. It does it with both a reduced power striker spring and the factory one...

Sometimes when this happens to me, I pull out the striker assy & twist the striker spring's end around to a little bit different spot on the spring cups. The other end I twist to a different spot on the slotted tunnel part. This usually helps.

You should measure the inside diameter of the striker spring, especially a Wolff 4lb striker spring, and see if it's a lot bigger than the diameter of the spring cups. Might have to work over the spring end [gently] with pliers to make them smaller.

When it doesn't help, usually a new pair of spring cups fixes it. They get out of shape with a lot of handling.

Thanks for the tip. I tried moving the ends of the spring around but that didn't cure it. Spoke with Glock and they are sending me some new spring cups, he said they should be changed anytime the channel liner is changed. Hopefully all will be well once I get the new parts in.

Thanks for the tip. I tried moving the ends of the spring around but that didn't cure it. Spoke with Glock and they are sending me some new spring cups, he said they should be changed anytime the channel liner is changed. Hopefully all will be well once I get the new parts in.

I have change all the parts several times but the

problem still exist.... :wacko: .

Please let me know about you when you change it.