Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon XL750 shell plate moving coming out of dies

Think I have the worst luck! Sent a almost new XL750 back to Dillon on an alignment issue. Must have been a bad press altogether  because they just sent me a brand new one for replacement. 
The new one is better. The camping pin needs adjustment, but I know how to do that. But what I don’t know, or understand, is why my shell plate moves coming out of the dies. It’s like it’s being forced to the position it needs to be in when going in the dies, then snaps back coming out. 
I’m at my whits end if this is another alignment issue I had with my previous one. 

-My shell plate  is tightened properly, with the set screw tight. 

-I even did a fresh install of all my dies. 

-Primers feed and work fine. 

Only thing I can think of is a index block adjustment. But I’ve never done that. I think that can also affect the alignment of my primer cup. I don’t want to mess with it unless I have to. 

The manual is pretty vague on the index block adjustment. Almost non existent. Any feedback on how to make sure it’s properly adjusted, and what it affects would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

9 hours ago, damon32382 said:

The manual is pretty vague on the index block adjustment. Almost non existent. Any feedback on how to make sure it’s properly adjusted, and what it affects would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

This web site is your friend, and answers your questions:

https://www.dillonprecision.com/xl750-product-videos.html

9 hours ago, damon32382 said:

Think I have the worst luck! Sent a almost new XL750 back to Dillon on an alignment issue. Must have been a bad press altogether  because they just sent me a brand new one for replacement. 
The new one is better. The camping pin needs adjustment, but I know how to do that. But what I don’t know, or understand, is why my shell plate moves coming out of the dies. It’s like it’s being forced to the position it needs to be in when going in the dies, then snaps back coming out. 
I’m at my whits end if this is another alignment issue I had with my previous one. 

-My shell plate  is tightened properly, with the set screw tight. 

-I even did a fresh install of all my dies. 

-Primers feed and work fine. 

Only thing I can think of is a index block adjustment. But I’ve never done that. I think that can also affect the alignment of my primer cup. I don’t want to mess with it unless I have to. 

If you can post a video, I'm sure the group can help