Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Clean Slate

SRT Driver

After actively shooting USPSA for 5 years, I recieved my Production M card in the mail on Friday and it brought a smile to my face (duh!) but after thinking about it for a couple days, a strange feeling presents itself.

Production was the one division I thought this would never happen in, especially 5 years ago. At the beginning of 2004, I decided I'd shoot Production primarily with a Glock that I already had in the safe but never really did well with. I told myself I was going to learn to shoot it or figure out why I couldn't. I liked Open but hated Production.

During this time, I discovered things about my ability, and lack of ability in some areas, worked hard to correct them, and now feel that I can hold my own with the "plastic". Not take on all comers or win major matches but competently use. Long story short, I learned quite a bit and am now a better USPSA shooter. Others that have known me since the "beginning" had commented in the last few months on my match performance and how it has improved. But nothing seemed like it was different. A few decent classifiers, a couple good matches and "BAM!" an M on my card.

I thought I'd feel different, like something would change. But it didn't and I don't

The only analogy I can use to describe how I feel is like I have a clean slate to work with.

Like I when I graduated high school and started college..not fear, some excitement.. and clean. As if someone has signed me off on the basics but now there is something else which I am unaware of and is on the verge of presenting itself. Some grand revelation. No baggage, clear sky, an open road, and a full tank of gas.