Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Picked Up A Colt 1911 22 (Walther)

AzShooter

I've been looking for something different. I normally shoot a Black Mamba or a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 for Steel Challenge.  Both have compensators and C-More Red Dot Sights.  Accuracy and functionalities are superb.

A couple of years ago I had  a GSG 1911 22.  It was a good gun but needed a lot of upgrades.  Once it was done my son came over the house and really wanted it.  I tried to find another but no one seems to have any.

Last week, while checking out Sportsman's Warehouse I found the Colt 1911 22s.  There are 3 models, Government, Rail and Colt Gold Cup Trophy.  The only one that showed up as being in stock  was the Government Model.  After checking every video on the gun I feel secure that it will make a fun gun and perhaps my RFPI for Steel Challenge.  

When I went to pick it up it was switched to the Gold Cup,  Biggest advantage are Beavertail Grip Safety, Adjustable front and rear sights and Pachmeyer grips that really fit my hands well.

I'm going to test fire it Wednesay with a variety of ammo to see what it likes.  I have 5 magazines for it and a dedicated pistol rug.

Gold Cup.jpg