Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vertical Foregrips...

tewlman

Religious shooter,

Yeah, I seem to go against a lot of tradition in rifle. The scope was a Weaver 1-3x20.

...and so I wanted to see how you were going to use it. Then I noticed you didn't have the VF on.

Yeah, on that stage the I used another one of my "gimmicks" to brace along the left side of the wall on the first prone port. I kept having some trouble with the VF hitting some rocks and the forward 2x4 fault line, so I took it off.

Then I thought "Lund = ninja user of the VF"

Ouch! :wacko: But considering my avatar, I guess I deserve it. I'll have to change it. <_<

Nice run BTW.

Thank you. B)

Erik

Edited by Bear1142

Hello Erik and all,

I tried the VF and found that it caused additional muscle tension in the shoulders and arms. It was a good experiment but for myself managing the weapon without adding muscle stress increases my abilitity to transition between targets up close. Have also noticed that my shooting ability has improved on targets with distance with the weak arm in a relaxed and forward reaching position on the gun.

Heat can be an issue but simply managed with the right free float tube. I have experienced some heat, e.g., at last years mgm ironman and at one of our local matches with 120 rd cof but neither were enough to warrant the use of a glove.

Sterling