Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aero EPC Upper

I just wanted to share my experience with Aero EPC upwelling w/ LRBHO

I recently had some problems with my Spikes upper and decided to change receiver. I run a short stroked AR9 with Taccom ULW barrel and ESSB Bolt. Since I was making a change, I decided to give rage Aero w/ LRBHO a try. I thought, if it worked - great, if not I would be no worse off than my existing set up. The reason the LRBHO appealed to me is because a local club runs 3Gun matches that typically use 2 bays per stage. They have a rule that you cannot go from 1 bay to another with a loaded firearm. Without LRBHO, I have to recharge the gun when I get to the 2nd bay. I thought with LRBHO, I’d just have to insert new mag & hit bolt release. I had posted a question on a couple sites and the general opinion is thar rhetoric LRBHO would not work on a short stroked gun. 

the Aero EPC arrived, I swapped parts and went to the range. Long story short, the LRBHO worked every time. Apparently the  over notch on the ESSB is perfect for my set up. So far I only have about 600 rounds thru it but not one failure to hold open. So, if you have short stroked your AR9 and lost the function of LRBHO, I suggest looking at Taccom’s ESSB. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/22/2021 at 6:35 AM, mitommy said:

I just wanted to share my experience with Aero EPC upwelling w/ LRBHO

I recently had some problems with my Spikes upper and decided to change receiver. I run a short stroked AR9 with Taccom ULW barrel and ESSB Bolt. Since I was making a change, I decided to give rage Aero w/ LRBHO a try. I thought, if it worked - great, if not I would be no worse off than my existing set up. The reason the LRBHO appealed to me is because a local club runs 3Gun matches that typically use 2 bays per stage. They have a rule that you cannot go from 1 bay to another with a loaded firearm. Without LRBHO, I have to recharge the gun when I get to the 2nd bay. I thought with LRBHO, I’d just have to insert new mag & hit bolt release. I had posted a question on a couple sites and the general opinion is thar rhetoric LRBHO would not work on a short stroked gun. 

the Aero EPC arrived, I swapped parts and went to the range. Long story short, the LRBHO worked every time. Apparently the  over notch on the ESSB is perfect for my set up. So far I only have about 600 rounds thru it but not one failure to hold open. So, if you have short stroked your AR9 and lost the function of LRBHO, I suggest looking at Taccom’s ESSB. 

This is good to know as I just purchased two aero uppers to get into the PCC world. Just curious, are you running aero upper and lower? 

On 1/13/2022 at 6:50 AM, X5SigChris said:

This is good to know as I just purchased two aero uppers to get into the PCC world. Just curious, are you running aero upper and lower? 

No, Aero upper, PSA PX9 Gen 2 lower w/ Hyperfire PDI-GS trigger & Timber Creek ambi safety.