Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arnt Myhre Triggerguard

Bill Schwab

About 17 years ago at the SingeStack Nats I shot a little with TGO and was dumbfounded at how comfortable his Arnt Myhre triggerguard was. The triggerguard was square, with the bottom wide and flat. Rob said the Springfield Custom shop could do one for me. Fast forward almost two decades and I want that triggerguard config, but Springfield Custom does not seem to be doing that sort of work anymore. Does anyone know a 'smith that does that? My Google Kung-Fu turned up nothing.  

Edited by Bill Schwab

Man to be honest I dont know of anyone doing full trigger guard shaping anymore. With the advent of 1911 frames being made with square trigger guards by a few high quality companies, SVI and JEM, I'm betting it's a thing of the old days. 

Actually cone to think about it Jason Burton at Heirloom Precision does them. I'm not sure what his wait times are these days as I'm not on facebook any longer but I know he only builds full custom guns and doesnt work on customer supplied guns these days.

Edited by Bakerjd

6 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Man to be honest I dont know of anyone doing full trigger guard shaping anymore. With the advent of 1911 frames being made with square trigger guards by a few high quality companies, SVI and JEM, I'm betting it's a thing of the old days. 

Actually cone to think about it Jason Burton at Heirloom Precision does them. I'm not sure what his wait times are these days as I'm not on facebook any longer but I know he only builds full custom guns and doesnt work on customer supplied guns these days.

Thanks. I'll try Jason.