Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Perfect Double

Clay1

at the range doing some sight alignment yesterday and at about 12 yds I shot 3 bullets into the same hole :huh: I didn't belive what I was seeing myself, I shot the first hole and then thought the second was a miss and then shot the third thiking it was a miss, when I took a close look at the target the three holes were touching each other,

I thought that for a moment that I had become Superman so I tried to shoot a water bottle at 20 yds and missed with 4 shots, back to reality. :(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I say there is no such thing is that I have spent lots of time scoring and measuring at benchrest matches...Now for those of you who have never been to one, they come as close to shooting one hole groups as I have ever seen..

The smallest 5 shot 100 yrd target scored was an incredible .009 from center to center...now there just might have been a true perfect double in there somewhere...but not with a hand held pistol....IMO..

Liota, the RO and the RM looked at it and scored it Alpha / Mike. So months later it resurfaced and there were CLEARLY two holes?

So what happened in your opinion?

Clay1 & L2S,

What apparently happened was the two shots were so close that it could not be readily seen. It was only when the cardboard was flattend out by six months in the trailer that the other grease ring could be seen.

Yes, the target was scored that day as Alpha-Mike. Life went on and all involved had a good laugh about it later.

Liota