Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Gun Slidelock

rtr

Starting having issues with my STI when I switched from a Recoil Master to a Tungsten Guide Rod. The guide rod with a shok buff positioned the slide stop directly under the slide notch at full recoil. The slide stop was very easy to move and it would engage when you'd least expect it. This must have happened 8-10 times during matches. I bought the detent drill but it would not cut the slide stop (I did not want to anneal it). But it did leave a very slight nick. I then used a 1/8" round nose carbide burr to put the detent in (cut like butter).

It is nice to have in function for those stages where you start unloaded but it is not prohibited to have the slide locked back.

Larry

I don't know if I will enable the one on my Limited gun but I will NEVER shoot another match limited to 8 or 10 rounds without a functional slide lock. I shot the Glock vs 1911 match without one and it cost me on every stinking stage I shot at least one or two "shoot er dry then rack the slide after reloads" on every stage. 20+ stages x 2 or 4 wasted seconds..... :( I will have one on my SS gun for SS Division next year!