Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Testing CGW Ultra Lite today

Stafford

Going to the range this morning. I have been running a 13lb hammer spring, 13lb recoil spring, and factory firing pin/spring in my Shadow 2. It has ran without issue in this configuration with all factory ammo that I’ve tried. 

Last night I installed the 11.5lb hammer spring, an 11lb recoil spring, and the extended firing pin and softer spring. Will be running CCI Blazer Brass 115 and 124 grain this morning. If it doesn’t set those off, I’ll try some different factory ammo.

After installation, the DA felt lighter. As for the SA? Maybe... a little lighter. I don’t have a gauge to test. But, the switch seemed to have a bigger difference on the DA pull.

Edited by Stafford

Back from the range. No issues through 125 rounds. Ran 50 rounds of Blazer 115, 50 rounds of Blazer 124, 20 rounds of Aguila 124, and 5 rounds of Winchester White Box 115.

Live fire felt the same as dry fire. The double action felt a bit lighter, but if there was any difference in the single action, it wasn’t much. Or not enough for me to really notice.