Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Rings For 30mm Mk Iv On Jp Rifle

tpe187

Hi Guys,

Ok, I have a JP CTR-02 that I have been ringing out over the last couple weeks. Great rifle, great trigger. Current scope is an ACOG with JP reticle mounted in the dovetail in the reciever. I have been working on loads for this rifle and I'm going to mount a Leupold MK IV 3.5x10x40 mildot on it to see how good I can get groups, as well as play with it for a while. My end goal it to have multiple optics set up for this rifle including an Aimpoint ML2 I have, the ACOG and the Leupold. I have had the A.R.M.S #22 mounts before and they worked well. I have also used the Leupold MKIV's, but they are pretty pricey these days. I'm just wondering what others are using with this type of scope. Keep in mind it is a 30mm tube. What height are you using? I'm not sure I need quick detach rings as I will have a little time to change it out and I'm sure a torque wrench will get me pretty close. Thanks for all your input.

Tom

I had a Leupy 3.5-10 Vari-X III on my CTR-02 and now have a JP TA-01 on it. I shot no better groups at 200 yards with the Leupy on 10 than I do now with the 4x ACOG. Go figure. Less perceived wobble is less actual wobble I guess. 1/2-3/4 MOA both ways. I do know I spent less time shooting equivalent groups at the lower power.

The Leupy doesn't go on the CTR anymore as a result of this.

BTW, I loved the Armalite QD mount with my Leupy on the CTR. Perfect height for me. JP sells it and it's rugged.

--

Regards,

Edited by George

Zak,

Are the Larue SPR mounts available now? Who has them the cheapest? Thanks

George,

You are probably right about not seeing any tighter groups, but I do have to try. Still searching for that elusive 1/4" group. The ACOG is cystal clear and hard to beat for most targets inside of 400 meters. Thanks once again for the help!

Tom