Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1100 Purchase and Setup

My RL1100 is up and running right next to it's "older" but smaller and slower Brother! Coming from the XL650 the learning curve is definitely much steeper but I am getting the hang of it. Lots to learn and that's why I'm here! I have only been reloading for 1 1/2 years and I am Blessed to have these beautiful tools sitting up on my reloading bench.

I am super duper impressed with Double Alpha Academy. I had placed an order for an RL1100 with Graf and Sons at the end of April and was well aware of the 14+ day wait for it to even be shipped. On the evening of Thursday, May 7th I was at home surfing and looking for in stock availability of the RL1100 at other vendors when I came across the DAA site. They showed a model in .40S&W in stock and I proceeded to create an account and add to cart. I thought about it and figured I'd verify true availability first and cancel my order with Graf's first. I called DAA in the morning and a lady confirmed that in fact it was in stock and they had only 1. Since I had added the press to my cart the night before in my e-mail was a coupon code for 5% or $50 max savings off any item. I logged back into DAA, added the item and my coupon code and submitted my purchase. I saved over $210.00 vs. Graf's as I did not pay any taxes on the machine plus the $50 discount from the code. They shipped the machine Same Day and it was at my door step the following Thursday, May 14th.

I do not load .40S&W so I procured the 9mm and .223 Conv Kits from Kimball @ Bobcat. I also ordered the matching 4" UltraMount from Dan @ Inline but since my bench is already tall the machine sat way too high for me. I mounted direct and it's working great, so so smooth!

IMG_8205_polarr.thumb.jpg.8f9d3dfdca93adf76e9a3985c3bc9985.jpg

Pauly:

Welcome to Brian Enos' Forums!  Great to see you come over from Dillon Reloaders - The Blue Group!

I'm sure there are others here that may benefit from hearing of your great experience with DAA.

And there's lots of reading pertaining to the new RL1100 plus a large group of veteran RL1050/S1050 users that enjoy helping out those new to this platform.

👍