Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip

boo radley

As I shoot my G35 and G34 more and more, my damn grip is changing, and I'm climbing higher and higher on the pistol.

I've seen a couple comments about replacing the extended slide-stop with a regular one, and I'll probably go that route, since I'm now starting to bump it from time to time....

But what I wonder about, is the weak hand thumb. Do you let it point forward, out in space? Or touch the frame just under the slide? (When I do this the "knuckle" of my thumb is about even with the take-down lever).

I keep both thumbs off the frame/gun, pointed at target.

I'm not a fan of letting them do what they do, as they will find their way onto the gun. On the gun, when tension rares it's ugly head, the thumbs can steer the gun off target.

I know plenty opf good shooters that ride the thumb, however.

As I shoot my G35 and G34 more and more, my damn grip is changing, and I'm climbing higher and higher on the pistol.

I've seen a couple comments about replacing the extended slide-stop with a regular one, and I'll probably go that route, since I'm now starting to bump it from time to time....

But what I wonder about, is the weak hand thumb. Do you let it point forward, out in space? Or touch the frame just under the slide? (When I do this the "knuckle" of my thumb is about even with the take-down lever).

I think your week hand thumb, should be on the frame, and strong hand thumb on top of the drum stick of your week hand thumb, and both thumbs pointing at target. But thats me personally. the week hand thumb in front of the center axis of the gun helps in reducing recoil. As far as your slide stop, I use to have the same problem. the slide stop could be a result of your lack of grip on the gun, or strong thumb too close to slide stop. I would say if it continues switch to flat slide stop. Hope this helps.