Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland Holster

tewlman

OK, i got this certificate for $200 in safariland gear and was thinking about getting one of those thigh rigs for IMG. I have looked at their site and dont know which one would be the best suited. I have seen some shooters using them but really didnt pay any attention until this cert came along. Tony H. I know you used on at the DPMS match, have you got any input? Anybody else, feel free to let your opinions fly. I am not totally sold on the tigh rig and would be open to other suggestions, just remember, we need to stay with sarailand here.

Steve

The quick release buckle. The picture shows a taser with spare cartridges. It is a modular setup. You can hang whatever you want on it. If I remember right, it is a straight pull holster, no special manipulation once the hood is forward.

Check the holster guide and make sure they make it for your chosen weapon.

Nothing else I can think of. Is the cost a lot more?

We have used the 6004 model for years, same hood without the extra retention. Very fast holster, just slam your hand down and forward and that releases the hood, then pull straight up. When you re-holster just flip the hood back up and it will snap into place. 50-50 whether the gun will fall out if not retained by the hood when running a stage. I have abused mine for 4 years and it still works great. One added advantage is when starting " hands naturally at your sides" the gun is almost in your hand.

• 3 weeks later...

I've used the safariland thigh rig for years.

The strap can come right off and there is a tension screw that will hold the gun in place. You can tighten that screw so much, you can't get the gun out.

The height of the gun on your thigh is adjustble too. Low, for when you have a "hands at side" start. Up high, if you want it out of the way.

It's nice on your thigh so you have more room on your belt for other gear.

Bruce