Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

356 Bullets Diameter In An Xd

RC1

I am working up a production load for a 9mm XD and am wondering if you guys know of any reason that I should not be able to use 356 jacketed bullets as apposed to 355 diameter 9mm.

I am currently using the 356 diameter bullets in my open guns that use a 355 barrel, and I am not experiencing any problems. I would like to use the same bullets for all guns.

Thank RC

Edited by RC1

• 3 months later...

I found this thread and was wondering the same thing. RC 1 do you have any feedback?

I have a bunch of 38 or .356 bullets 125 gr JHP and am wondering about running them through my Glock.

Has anyone else run .355 and .356 bullets interchangeably? What type of accuracy issues are there? Are there negative effects on the barrel from shooting the larger diameter bullets?

Thanks,

Rick

I found this thread and was wondering the same thing. RC 1 do you have any feedback?

I have a bunch of 38 or .356 bullets 125 gr JHP and am wondering about running them through my Glock.

Has anyone else run .355 and .356 bullets interchangeably? What type of accuracy issues are there? Are there negative effects on the barrel from shooting the larger diameter bullets?

Thanks,

Rick

I'm in the process of working up a load with .356 125 grain Hornady Action Pistol for my Glock. I've run about 700 rounds through it so far, and it hasn't blown up yet. Accuracy is top notch so far, and I'm betting that it'll be my best load by the time I'm done. If you buy it in bulk from Midway, its price is kinda-sorta in league with the 125gr Zero.

The only thing I'd bear in mind while working up the load is that the tighter bore-to-bullet fit should also mean higher pressure levels, so the old "take it slow" advice holds especially true.

I sent Hornady an email asking them for loading advice. They said to use the 124gr XTP load data from their loadbook for their 121gr HAP load... so if anybody happens to own that book, I'd love to hear that data for Titegroup!!! As for me, I'm starting at the low end for a 125 JHP load and working my way up.

Edited by jkrispies

I just took delivery of 3000, 147 grain Zeros today but came into 1500 125 grainers at an extremely reasonable price (FREE). The 147 grainers are for my matches but the 125s might be going bang for practice etc. Who knows I might like the 125 grainers better. The 125s are .356. Thanks for the help guys.

Rick