Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shadow 2 disconnector fiting

Captiontom

I am fitting a t3 disconnector to a shadow 2. The double action resets and drops the hammer. If I cock the hammer with my thumb the single action works, but if I rack the slide the hammer will not move when I pull the trigger. What part of the disconnector do I need to file to get the hammer to drop, would it be the part I highlighted in red? 

ms paint.jpg

When you rack the slide and the hammer will not drop dose the sear raise up when you pull the trigger? For clarity are you getting a dead trigger in SA? If this is the case you may have the fitting right on the edge of where it needs to be.

Edited by Tok36

8 minutes ago, Tok36 said:

When you rack the slide and the hammer will not drop dose the sear raise up when you pull the trigger? For clarity are you getting a dead trigger in SA? If this is the case you may have the fitting right on the edge of were it needs to be.

It is identical to pulling the trigger with the safety on. Looking at it again, it looks like the trigger is set to far back and runs out of travel. It isn’t hitting the over travel screw, I took that out

Edited by Captiontom

1 hour ago, Tok36 said:

I suggest taking a close look at the sear while you pull the trigger in Single Action. Is it not raising up high enough to release the hammer?

Yes it’s not raising up high enough. When you rack the slide the hammer hooks sit deeper than if you just cock the hammer with your thumb. The the slide pushes down on the trigger bar, the sear drops down a bit and the hammer hooks get seated deeper

Edited by Captiontom