Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saddest Shooting Topic Ever.

dirtypool40

This is not a joke or hoax. So I send out inquiries about shooting IPSC in PERU.

I got an email back. I cleaned it up a bit, but did not add things.

Sorry but the news is not good:

Reloading is almost forbiden in our country, the legal permit takes a minimun of 7 SEVEN YEARS to get!!! if you are lucky.

Components are the same, I hear that you might find them in the black market maybe, but I strongly advise against this option, penalty for this is severals years of jail. And with a very active government secret police it is something I would not advise.

Firearms are permited, with some beaurocracy, but only up to .380 acp and .38 SPL (forget ipsc minor factor!!!).

In XXXXXX there is only one IPSC club, with only 5 FIVE shooters. The rest of us use private ranges to shoot and practice individualy, no more of 20 in all the country... One Open "D" shooter and the rest production, maybe class C in the best of cases.

XXXXXXXX (other city I asked about-es) is a very tiny city located in the jungle and very isolated from "civilization". They dont speak english or ever hear about IPSC... but is a very HOT zone. If you are going to get a job there I strongly sugest to you come with at least two Glocks in 9mm +p and JHP ammo. In this scenario you have to make the special application with your Dep.of State, and embassy.

Guys, We could end up like this. This could easily be us writing to other shooters. I know I am preaching to the choir, but be, live and vote "Pro-2A" or you may not have the choice. 20 shooters in the whole country!!! WTF!?!?!?!?! :blink: