Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brownells Glock Barrels?

RobfromME

Good afternoon, all,

Has anyone purchased a Brownell's Glock barrel, and if so, what are your experiences with the fit, function, and accuracy?

Thanks in advance for your time and interest!

All my best,

Rob

Edited by RobfromME

• 1 month later...

Good morning, all,

I decided to purchase a Brownells barrel along with a Brownells slide for my Polymer 80 build and I'm very happy with the results.  I purchased the G34 RMR slide and the Brownells Match Grade G34 barrel (Brownells p/n 078-000-548WB).

It is fantastic!  MUCH better than my Glock barrels (G17 and G22 for comparison, both gen iii ).  It is drop in fit to the slide, but it has much tighter clearances when compared to my G22 and G17 factory slides and barrels.  No issues with any of my reloads or factory ammo, very accurate, and no malfunctions after the first 150 rounds or so.  For bullets I used Zero 115 gr FMJ, Win 115 gr JHP, Rem 115 gr JHP, Rem 124 gr JHP,  PD 124 gr JHP, Berry's 147 gr RNDS, and Zero 147 gr JHP.   For the lengths I load, there were no issues at all.

I hope this is helpful to anyone deciding to purchase a barrel;  I'd not be afraid of a Brownells barrel and I'm glad I took the chance.

All my best,

Rob

I can't compare it to an original G34 as I don't have one.  I bought the slide and barrel for my Polymer 80 I recently "made".  However, it is more accurate than my G17 and G22.  The G17 will do 3" to 3.5" with most ammo, occasionally worse depending on the load.  The G22 was 4" + almost always, sometimes 5" (as a side note, a Storm Lake barrel helped this gun quite a bit.

The P80/G34/Brownells barrel is 2" - 2.5".  Never had one larger than 2.5".  It liked 124 and 147 the best.  Zero 147 gr JHP bullets with Power Pistol had the best groups of all, as did Winchester Ranger LE ammo, 147 grain T-Series.  One thing that probably helped a lot was a good set of sights...Dawson adjustable fiber optic.

All fired supported from a rest, and at 25 yds.

I am very happy with it, and it's much better than I'll ever be (but then again so are the G17 and G22 with their original barrels! :D )

• 1 month later...

Little bit of an aged thread. But Brownells barrels are manufactured for them by a VERY reputable barrel manufacturer, who also makes barrels for some of the biggest aftermarket Glock companies. Comparing them to a factory Gen4 and Gen5 barrel they destroy them in accuracy from my experience. Now I have noticed they recently started putting out ones that are laser etched and aesthetically look different along the lines of brand marking. So I don’t know if they changed to a different manufacturer as the old ones were laser engraved on the left side compared to etched on the top of the chamber.