Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Twisters and Dynamic Stages

I am planning on a stage for our next IDPA match, using a pair of twisters, a  popper, and a swinger (boy does that sound like some weird group of people...) Anyway,  the popper will be hit first, and as it falls it will set off the twisters and commence the swinger (halfway behind a barricade) to start doing their thing.

Does this look to complex for newbie shooters? I personally think, as their gun will already be out (and fired) before the targets start moving, it should be ok, but... I have never set it up, so we will find out on that day!

Deaf

It worked... it worked... it worked!! Ran like a charm. We had the two twisters, popper, and a swinger as envisioned. Even pasted cutout guns and cellphones on the twisters and swinger. Had each shooter run through it 3 times.

That was called 'Dymanic1', now I am working on 'Dynamic2'. Going to add a mover.... and maybe, if I have it manufactured by then, my 'peeker'. The 'peeker' is a regular IDPA target on a stand that will swing up, from behind a short barricaded, then drop back down to the ground (again, with either a cell phone, gun, knife, or purse velcroed to it).

I picked up the idea from a website that had one that, using a weight that would drop off once the target went vertical, works as I want it to.

So, soon we will ALWAYS have a stage where everything moves, and a very serious snap decision will have to be made as to who-is-whom (yes, a few did shoot the cell-phone guy, and a few hesitated and waited to long for the twisters and thus got no shots off.) I am sure they hate that....

Deaf