Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warranty Opinion/Thoughts

On 4/2/2019 at 7:59 AM, Face5535 said:

I broke the part again...  looks like ive figured out what the issue was, but it doesn’t change the fact the the part is broken.

My reading comprehension skills are not the best, but it seems that the OP broke a part on a 1050, got a free part, broke the same part again and then figured out it was 'user error' (that's my interpretation) that caused part to break again and seems to imply (although not say directly) that Dillon should replace the second broken part, because of purchase history with Dillon.

If this understanding is correct, sure ask for a replacement part (doesn't hurt to ask) but I wouldn't get too butt hurt if the request was declined.  The OP, being an owner of multiple Dillon presses, should understand the warranty differences between the 1050 and other models.

In summary, buy the bolt, learn from your mistakes and move on; life's too short. :)

Edited by muncie21

26 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

My reading comprehension skills are not the best, but it seems that the OP broke a part on a 1050, got a free part, broke the same part again and then figured out it was 'user error' (that's my interpretation) that caused part to break again and seems to imply (although not say directly) that Dillon should replace the second broken part, because of purchase history with Dillon.

If this understanding is correct, sure ask for a replacement part (doesn't hurt to ask) but I wouldn't get too butt hurt if the request was declined.  The OP, being an owner of multiple Dillon presses, should understand the warranty differences between the 1050 and other models.

In summary, buy the bolt, learn from your mistakes and move on; life's too short. :)

Only it wasnt 100% user error.  The press was recently returned to me from a rebuild from Dillon “ready to go”.  I didn’t think I would have thought to go through it and make sure the press was greased up correctly when that should have been done before they returned it.

Anyway, lesson learned there... At this point it’s whatever!  I bought the bolt.  I’ll buy whatever parts I need for the 1050 moving forward.

When I call for a part on my 650 and they decide that they don’t want to... I’ll be asking for a supervisor.  

Edited by Face5535