Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNG from North Dakota

badlander

Retired, previous mil, 67, NRA member, male and still married! Shot my first two USPSA matches (indoor -15F outside) here in ND in February. Came in second to last on the first, last place DQ'ed, and fourth from the bottom on the second match (woohoo!) I am currently shooting Production with the wife's Beretta 92FS. I shot IHMSA revolver and Production and NRA rifle silhouette for about 15yrs. Been reloading for handgun and rifle for 40yrs. Avid hunter in US and Canada. 

I got into this by going to about six USPSA and 3-Gun matches in Arizona and North Dakota. I liked the easy sportsmanship and the focus on safety. My plan was to try both sports but after placing orders to gear up and purchase ammunition to practice and shoot matches with, I decided to focus on USPSA until I was comfortable and then see if I wanted to get into the 3-Gun. I joined the forum to get a little better insight on the sport and equipment. The two matches I actually shot were against mainly active military from our area and was pretty humbling, but I had a great time. I have never been called "Sir" (I worked for a living) so much in my life, but it could be worse at least they were not dragging a chair around so I would have a place to sit. Anyway! I am looking forward to learning how to compete in a new sport and hearing what you folk have to say. 

Thanks Mike