Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 sp-01 trigger issue

Gunmutt11

Ok so I stripped the pistol down, polished accordingly as per the professor atlas tread, installed cgw srs-1, legal hammer kit, 13 pound spring. Granted the pull feels 10x better on DA. The SA has a odd break. If I slowly press the trigger I can feel the sear break and I am able to slowly depress and bring the hammer down to first cock. How do I tune this to get a clean break and not be able to do what I can do now? 

It sounds like your trigger bar isn't clearing the disconnector enough,  which may need some fitting.  See here how the trigger bar moves under the lug of the disconnector when the SA breaks?

gHEtY4j.gif

So what can happen is the the sear is tripped, but then the disconnector's lug/wing catches the trigger bar again, so you can basically lower the happier with the trigger like a double-action in reverse.  One can often pull fast and the momentum somehow clears, but when done slowly it catches again.  THat's why sometimes the disconnector wing needs too be honed down slightly so that it reliably clears the trigger bar when it 'dips' down under during the SA break.

Edited by MoRivera

How does one hone a disconnector? Note this one is still the original disconnector. Would I be better served with a T2 disco from CGWs

44 minutes ago, MoRivera said:

It sounds like your trigger bar isn't clearing the disconnector enough,  which may need some fitting.  See here how the trigger bar moves under the lug of the disconnector when the SA breaks?

gHEtY4j.gif

So what can happen is the the sear is tripped, but then the disconnector's lug/wing catches the trigger bar again, so you can basically lower the happier with the trigger like a double-action in reverse.  One can often pull fast and the momentum somehow clears, but when done slowly it catches again.  THat's why sometimes the disconnector wing needs too be honed down slightly so that it reliably clears the trigger bar when it 'dips' down under during the SA break.

Usually by filing a little at a time then reinstalling often to check progress/clearance.  Which surface on the disconnector depends on what you're adjusting for.  You could still have the same disconnector, but say if you replaced a hammer or sear, things could change a bit and need re-fitting with the disconnector.  CZ 75/SP01's also have some play in their sear cage to frame fit, so you could get slightly different tolerances from gun to gun.

There's a lot of info to be found here too....

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?board=40.0

Edited by MoRivera