Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picture shows the lower attachment point on part # 13659, chute bracket, on a SDB. The chute was left attached to the press when shipped to me from a private seller and broken during transit. Can this be easily repaired with something like JB weld or should I spring for a new part. The lower attachement ear broke away from the body of the chute bracket - the part that guides the loaded ammo and holds the loaded bullet tray. I doubt the part has much stress other than the weight of a bin of loaded ammo - 100-125 ea.

post-2898-1125450077_thumb.jpg

Merlin, there is a product called alumaweld(I think) that is a low heat aluminum filler type rod. I think home depot has it or internet it. Only needs 600 or 700 degrees so a butane torch will do it. I bet dillons no bs warrenty will take care of it too. They act offended if you try to pay for that stuff. Only company I know that guarantees stuff against my better ideas.-----Larry

Hey Merlin YES this can be welded! Dillion presses are made of cast Aluminium not "pot metal". Easy enough to weld with a TIG welding machine. I will be glad to weld for you, if that is what you want? I would send back to Dillion. They have a NO B.S. warranty and will replace any broken or wore out part no matter the age of the press. Hope this helps.

Glock24man

If you *did* call them, they'd insist on sending you the part, and wouldn't take no (or your credit card number) for an answer....

That's all part of owning a Dillon, though - they're rabid about keeping your machine running for you :)