Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Stock II Upgrade

Erman

Hi to everyone.

I am new in Tanfoglio pistol, I already did some research on how to upgrade Tanfoglio Stock II but some reviews and forums create confusion to me. I would like to seek guides of what best combination of parts will make the lightest trigger pull and shortest trigger reset for Tanfoglio Stock II which is IPSC production division legal.

I have here list of parts that I gathered from my research but I'm not sure if all of these are available in our country, are these good or worst? Are these parts all drop in or need some polishing? Should I need any other parts that are required in order to function properly the parts listed below?

-titan hammer
-patriot bolo interruptor

-tanfoglio 1 piece sear
-xtreme firing pin
-patriot fp spring
-patriot sear spring
-patriot trigger spring
-14lb wolff hammer spring (if not available any other options?)
-9lb wolff recoil spring (if not available any other options?)
-xtreme trigger (optional)

If you have any other parts combination you want to share it will be very helpful to me, especially those with less gunsmithing required, preferably Tanfoglio Xtreme and Patriot Defense parts due to availability issue in our country.

Thank you very much in advance.

Someone else with more IPSC experience will need to step in, but I believe that for IPSC production you cant use the BOLO, the patriot springs, or the wolf springs. You are supposed to use OEM parts only in IPSC.

Also to add to that, if you get the extreme firing pin, you need to make sure to get the extreme firing pin block. The stock one normally wont work correctly with the one piece sear, and the xtreme firing pin.

Also if Im wrong on this please someone correct me!

32 minutes ago, BigAm said:

Also to add to that, if you get the extreme firing pin, you need to make sure to get the extreme firing pin block. The stock one normally wont work correctly with the one piece sear, and the xtreme firing pin. 

Not correct. The sear geometry affects the FPB ability to be activated.

IPSC legal, get  the UNICA sear and solid hammer, extreme plunger assembly (trigger bar lifter).  use the extreme light or medium hammer spring (or wolff 14 or 15 or PD 14 or 15.5). If at all possible, use the PD firing pin, trigger return and sear springs.

5 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Not correct. The sear geometry affects the FPB ability to be activated.

Gotcha! When I had set up my stock 3 the stock FPB was too short, and not being lifted to block the firing pin. I was told that since I had the 1 piece sear that I should be using the xtreme FPB. When I installed it it fixed the issues of the FPB not actually blocking anything.