Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40ss

fishnfst

Hello everyone I read through a bunch of older threads regarding mags for a singlestack .40. I guess there are only a couple of feasible choices... Metalform makes a nice ten rounder and Tripp has some that look surprisingly like the metalform mags... I am currently using a springfield frame and capisn slide with Briley Barrel. I had been testing the pistol using chip mccormick ten round .45 powermags with the feedlips tweaked a bit and some old wilson 47d mags off of my bowling pin gun..

My question is who has the metalform mags in stock for a decent price.. I could order from metalform for 30+ a piece Tripp's mags are 39.99 and I think brownells had the metalform mags for less than 20. Any advice out there...

Got the gun running aboutr 90% with the .45 mags.. She ejects and extracts like a champ now with the aftec I installed and the ed brown ejector.. I had tried to tune a .45 ejector to work but it was way too much work.. Just bought a .38super ejector and it works great.....

Metalform makes a nice ten rounder and Tripp has some that look surprisingly like the metalform mags...

??? I think there are a few differentiating features - most notably, in the 10rd versions, you can't take the basepads off the Metalforms for cleaning!!!! The Tripp mags I own are impressive gear - they remind me of mags for S_I guns, only narrower. Very well done.

My question is who has the metalform mags in stock for a decent price..  I could order from metalform for 30+ a piece Tripp's mags are 39.99 and I think brownells had the metalform mags for less than 20.  Any advice out there...

Direct from Tripp, the mags are $29.99/ea, and you get discounts starting at 5 - check out the website at http://www.trippresearch.com/products/40sw/40sw.htm

Ok I am going to order 5 to try out.... The ones that you have is there a spacer in the back of them ala 9mm mags.. Or are they full length allowing them to be used with either .40sw or 10mm ammo?? I am shooting factory ammo and am worried about the shorter oal on factory ammo.... I know the metalform mags have a spacer in the back of them....

They're full length - aka "10mm" mags.

My gun runs on factory length ammo in these mags. It *did* take a trip to a gunsmith to get the feedramp cut properly (see the "New Trojan Problems" thread for before and after pics...).

I'am about to start reloading for it, though - and I'll be loading to the longest length the gun will function with (expecting 1.200" or so...).