Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wall Drill

shred

Here's one I came up with a while ago. I probably got the idea from somewhere else, but can't remember where if so.

Anyway, It's a movement/setup workout, and I do mean workout, if you do it enough.

You need:

1 wall (8-foot, self-standing, plywood wall preferred)

1 target (fixed steel or paper)

1 timer with Par time (do any timers not do Par time anymore?)

Set the wall across the range, parallel to the 180. Set the target 15 yards downrange, even with the middle of the wall.

Set your timer Par time for 30 seconds.

The drill starts fully loaded-n-holstered in the center of the wall, hands touching the wall at about eye level.

On signal, move to one edge of the wall, shoot one round at the target, then move to the other edge of the wall, shoot one round at the target, move back to the other edge of the wall and repeat shooting one side then the other until the par time expires. Your score is the number of hits; only A-zone hits count. Bring a friend to keep track of steel hits if you use steel.

Variations include different-sized walls/barricades, fault lines at the edges of the wall, ports in the wall, mesh walls, different targets and so on.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post but I felt compelled to reply anyway.

The sounds almost identical to the Scott Warren barricade drill. His uses 2 targets though. It has 2 strings with the 1st string firing 2 shots on each target on each side of the wall for a total of 12.

2nd string as I recall is just heads.

Edited by Mike Wood