Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unreasonable Last Wishes

Shooter Grrl

Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience with this and just really feel the need to tell all ya'll (my extended family) that once you're dead, you're gone - it's those of us left behind that have to deal with the grief and the pain of surviving your passing.

So don't put a lot of stupid shit out there on your way out that you expect us to just blindly follow! A funeral is not for you, it's for us. Coming to visit you shows we care, and allows us to say our goodbyes when you can hear them. By deciding that you don't want anyone to remember you sick is being selfish - and really, what's the point in that? Your self is gone, mine is still here.

Damn! I've had 6 hours sleep since 4:30 am Friday. If this doesn't make much sense, forgive me!

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good thoughts - it has really helped me get through the last couple of days. Ya'll are GOOD PEOPLE!

My Mom is not dead, yet. My Dad has been her SOLE care giver for the last 3 weeks and finally realized that he wasn't doing her any good being exhausted. So.. he called me to come help. Only his version of help was to stay up all night and watch to see if she needed help going potty - and then I wasn't to help, I was to wake him up. It seems that Mom is absolutely positively adamant about no one seeing her in this condition - so she did not even know I was there :( It damn near, literally, broke my heart!

I'm much better now than when I posted this! I got some sleep :P

I would've posted much earlier but I honestly had no idea who/what you were talking about and didn't want to commit mass faux pas. Death-and-dying teaches us so much about life... but it helps if we're realistic about it and drop pretenses and accept it as being just as natural as birth. This is hard for some people--not all, but some. And yes, funerals are DEFINITELY for the living. What else could they be...? The best way to slog thru something like this IS to alot time for rest and not burn out. :wacko:

Definitely thoughts goin' your way. B)