Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5

Dasniper

Looking for a good coated bullet reload.  I am currently using extreme 124 with 4.1 TG. Oal 1:15.   I have about 2lbs TG left then thinking of switching to Alliant sport pistol.  What are you currently loading for 9mm coated bullets.   Bullet, Powder. And OAL.   Thanks for the input.  

You'll hear from other folks on here that TG and coated bullets make for some smoke, which it will, but if you can live with it any 124gr coated bullet with 3.6ish gr of TG will put you in the right range for pf. As for Sport Pistol, I have no experience with it, but from what I've read its very good.

bayou bullett  keep in mind a coated bullet usually smokes a bit more than jacketed  and some smoke more than others also  they also might  dirty up a compensator if you have one faster than jacketed   just my experience! 

on flip side coated bullets usually fly faster than jacketed ..less friction  so this means you might just be able to use a bit less powder to get same velocity as jacketed  i stay with jacketed  ..zero bullets all the way!!