Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Milsim Gear

APOModern

That always depends on the mission. I can respond in general and, for more specific information, find a thread dedicated to it.
Usually you will wear a uniform from your team / factions of colors. So if we take the Russian Forces as an example, you will probably use something like EMR or Flecktarn and will carry an AK. You will want to have a backpack with hydration, be it a hydration bladder, or extra water, you MUST have water. So, of course, you need your primary, secondary weapon. Possibly backups for both. Ammo, magazines, propellant (batteries, gas, CO2, HPA tank, whatever your gun needs), you will need cleaning tools in case something breaks. An exchange of socks and underwear because you'll be happy to have them. And camping supplies if you're going for a milsim at night.

4 hours ago, Maxtheninja said:

That always depends on the mission. I can respond in general and, for more specific information, find a thread dedicated to it.
Usually you will wear a uniform from your team / factions of colors. So if we take the Russian Forces as an example, you will probably use something like EMR or Flecktarn and will carry an AK. You will want to have a backpack with hydration, be it a hydration bladder, or extra water, you MUST have water. So, of course, you need your primary, secondary weapon. Possibly backups for both. Ammo, magazines, propellant (batteries, gas, CO2, HPA tank, whatever your gun needs), you will need cleaning tools in case something breaks. An exchange of socks and underwear because you'll be happy to have them. And camping supplies if you're going for a milsim at night.

For my primary gun does it matter how closely it replicates the real counterpart or is it pretty general at most events?  In my mind an M4 is an M4 but I'm worried my VFC Avalon VR16 might not be accepted since its more like a civilian AR than milspec colt m4