Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI connector

dlightning

I recently install a Taran connector.  Smoother and slightly lighter.  But the audible reset is gone.  I can still feel the reset but no click.  

Is this correct?  Or did I do something wrong?

Thanks

My experience is about the same. I have a DK Custom Trigger in a G17 from back when he was using the TTI connector. There is a somewhat lesser click on the reset, but not really as audible and sharp feeling as the Vanek triggers I have in other Glocks where Charlie used either a minus Glock factory or Lone Wolf connector. The different reset got my attention when I installed that DK trigger, but I do not recall having reliability issues with the connector or trigger. That said, all work fine and are about the same trigger pull weight, just a little different in feel. If it bothers you or you depend on that audible sharp click reset when shooting, you might want to look at one of the other connectors out there. Hope that helps. You might want to ask Taran about it if you still have concerns.

Bend the connector out at the top very slightly and you will regain the snappy reset. Not too much, just slightly so that the connector just clears the connector housing at the top. That will put the snap back in the reset.

Thanks! Senior moment - forgot to mention that is exactly what I did at the suggestion of DK after I called him. Oops. Forgive me, it was a while back!

Bending the TTI connector out slightly at the top did make the reset snappier, but still not where the Vanek triggers with Glock and Lone Wolf connectors are. I was leary of bending it out at the top too much based on the variability inherent in Glock triggers and my innate talent for screwing up such things, so I stopped while I was ahead. I just walked in to my reloading room and dry fired the the G17 Gen 4 with the DK trigger and TTI connector, and a G34 Gen 4 with a Vanek trigger and Glock minus connector to reaffirm my recollection. The Vanek is noticeably snappier on the reset, but the DK works just fine and the reset is acceptable with the slightly tweaked TTI connector. Some of that I just chalk up to differences in gun tolerances.