Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Clay1

Here is a plug for my bud Ben. Our own Ben Stoeger wins high overall at the Wisconsin State IDPA match. He not only won in his class, but won high overall. Ben did it in style with about a 20 point lead over his next closest master class competitor. Sorry, I don't remember the exact numbers Ben, but one hell of a great job. Congrats!

Darryl Dougherty, sorry don't know your web name here, won ESP. I shot with Darryl and he did a very nice job today.

On my own shooting - that's another story. Excuses, excuses but let's just say that you do revert to your level or training. I haven't shot an IDPA match since I shot the classifier on April 12th. One example of my skill level is that the COF said to engage each target with one round while retreating, reload behind the barricade and then engage each target with one body shot and one head shot. My version of the 18 round COF was to double tap each target on the way back reload in the open USPSA style and then double tap the body again from behind the barricade. So no head shots at all and fired 24 rounds on the 18 round course of fire. That's just one example of numerous brain fades of the day.

Hats off to those that can and do shoot both games well. Ben and Darryl you guys really shot well today!

Back to USPSA for me next weekend :blink:

TriggerT, I should have known that you knew who I was talking about. He had a solid run and that XD of his did him proud. Not exactly like going to nationals like some people I know, but we had a fun day. Thanks for the board name Tim.

Rick

Thanks for the kind words Rick. Despite my lead at the end, I had a really bad start to the day. I had a really nasty jam that I lost about 7 seconds on. I also had 2 procedurals. All this in the first 3 stages I shot. I knew I was in pretty deep shit right there. So I got my act together and went on a rampage for the last 6 stages, and things turned out ok.

I watched Darryl shoot a stage. Very very impressive.

Later,

Ben