Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Marauder questions

steviesterno

hey all, 

checking out a Marauder tomorrow. I've been looking for either one of those for a while but had never seen in real life. I was also looking towards an STI tactical in 9mm. I want something good for steel matches, 3 gun, night matches, Home defense, and zombie invasions. Sometimes 20+ rounds of 9mm makes more sense than 8 rounds of 45. I have the chance to trade into it, and I haven't owned any STIs recently. I have owned a 4.0 Tactical and full custom 40 6" when I used to shoot USPSA. 

anything I should check out or pay attention to? I already have 3 mags and it comes with one more. 

I imagine finding a holster that works with a light will be tricky, and I'm thinking it's too big to conceal carry but that's ok. 

Check your current holsters.  I'm able to use the same large frame BladeTech holster for SS, Limited and Production.

For steel, you'll generally want more mags loaded only to 8-10 rounds and change mags for each of the 5 strings.  It's less weight to swing between targets, and more importantly ... you won't run out of ammo on a stage since you're starting each stage with a full mag.