Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major In Wheelgun?

WHEELGUNNIN

HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED TO MAKE MAJOR 9 IN A WHEELGUN?I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD GAIN,BUT IS IT POSSIBLE?I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER 627 IN SUPER,AND THEN THOUGHT ABOUT USING MY OPEN GUN LOADS IN IT.AM I ASKING FOR TROUBLE?LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD GAIN,BUT IS IT POSSIBLE?

I don't think you would have any Explosions / Disintergrations so to speak.

But your right, you have nothing to gain, and if anything you would only increase wear and tear on the gun unneccessarily, if the match your shooting in requires major power factor than your probably better of with a 625 or 610 which will handle the higher factors (and your hands) better.

I was running major factor in a 627, in 38 special cases for pin shooting without any problems, but only shot heavier loads for pins and the fact we can't have .45 etc over here. I shoot 120 pf for all my other shooting.

I ran some major loads in my 627 38 super in the 2002 area 2 match. tore up my trigger finger since it was a serrated surface, now I run a smooth trigger face. The gun stays nice and level since it's magna-ported, 6 ports total.

The load was 11.2gr VV-n105, federal primers #100's, 115gr montana gold RN bullets, 38 super +P R-P nickel plated brass . It ran 1650 fps out of my revo, made major real easy.

I still use this load today to clean the lead out of the ports, 8 rounds and she's clean. The only difference is I use 115gr Speer GDHP these days.