Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How-to on installing LPA rear sights?

matteekay

I purchased a complete slide for my 2011 build that has a LPA rear sight. Problem is, it's a little loose. Does anyone have a how-to on installing them? I want to make sure I'm not losing/wrecking anything when I dig into it to tighten it down. Thanks!

1. Press down on the sight leaf to relieve the elevation spring pressure.

2. Rotate the elevation screw counter clockwise until it comes out of the sight body.

3. Lift up on the sight leaf being careful not to loose the springs that are underneath it.

4. Locate the allen screw or screws holding the sight body to the slide.

5. Remove the the allen screw/screws

6. Center the sight body in the slide.

7. Reinstall the allen screw/screws in the sight body. Use loctite on the screws and snug them down.

8. Install the springs under the sight leaf.

9. Press down on the sight leaf and install the elevation screw back to the same height it was prior.

1. Press down on the sight leaf to relieve the elevation spring pressure.
2. Rotate the elevation screw counter clockwise until it comes out of the sight body.
3. Lift up on the sight leaf being careful not to loose the springs that are underneath it.
4. Locate the allen screw or screws holding the sight body to the slide.
5. Remove the the allen screw/screws
6. Center the sight body in the slide.
7. Reinstall the allen screw/screws in the sight body. Use loctite on the screws and snug them down.
8. Install the springs under the sight leaf.
9. Press down on the sight leaf and install the elevation screw back to the same height it was prior.

Thank you!!!

Maybe I'm slow, but what's the Allen screw in the side of the sight for? It doesn't seem to affect anything.

On 3/25/2018 at 8:14 PM, matteekay said:

Thank you!!!

Maybe I'm slow, but what's the Allen screw in the side of the sight for? It doesn't seem to affect anything.

I haven't had any LPA sights for a while, but my recollection is that once you have your elevation where you want it, you can snug down that allen screw to hold your elevation screw from moving. Again, don't take my word a fact, but that is what i recall..............

Edited by Dave C

That checks out - it looks like it would drive straight into the elevation screw.

Thanks again for all the help! I had it apart in seconds last night and got everything snugged up. I managed to NOT lose the springs, too!