Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Trigger Pin Broken On My G17

Indebt

This '89 vintage G17 is driving me nuts. Its broken two trigger pins at the right groove. The accuracy is generally terrible as well. Glock has no idea whats wrong neither does anyone else for that matter. She's old and well used but I can't imagine that its the end. Any advice or help would be appreciated greatly. :(

The new locking block is on the way. I looked at my other glocks and they all appeared the same locking block wise. I saw no cracks in the locking block at all. The area that contacts the locking block on the barrel is showing peening as well. Theres part of me that feels I should just retire it buy a new 3rd gen and once I fix the broken G17 just use it for casual/back up purposes.

I have the two pin. The pin that breaks is the large pin that runs throught the trigger. It always breaks on the groove to the right on the right side of the locking block.

On another note how long with proper maintaince does a g17 last in theory before accuracy suffers? Heck I replace the locking block barrel and pin all thats virtually left of the old gun will be the take down bar, the slide and frame.

I dont know about everybody else's, but Chuck Taylor has one he says has 170,000 rounds through it (over about 13 years) and is still going strong and fairly accurate (3" @ 25 yards or so).

I've heard others having 70,000-80,000 through theirs without any problems.

Someone on Glocktalk told me of the G17 that was given to the G9 group in Germany for testing way back when the gun just came out. Now it has over 2.2 million rounds through it on its original barrel. Though apparently a few parts have been replaced and the accuracy is about half as good as it was new.