Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Freeze

Brand new shooter here. Still working on getting classified. Ive done about 4 matches or so. finally decided I was just going to stick with production. Considered SS and CO.

I practice with some friends and I would be ok until I start pushing it to lower my splits. When I push to lower my splits I get trigger freeze. Any tips to train this out of me ?

Relax.... loosen your grip with your dominant hand so your trigger finger has more dexterity. Tighten your grip with your non dominant hand....... what kind of splits are we talking about here anyway?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Relax.... loosen your grip with your dominant hand so your trigger finger has more dexterity. Tighten your grip with your non dominant hand....... what kind of splits are we talking about here anyway?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ll work on that. Right now my split are between .3 and .4

I was trying to get it .2 area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come off the trigger. Stop. Riding. Reset

The reset is helpful if you’re on a long target, in a bullseye match, or listening to the tacticool guys who don’t know any better and like to throw “tacticle reset” and “bore axis” around on gun forums

0.2 isn’t a terribly fast split. As a newer shooter... you’re probably going to be using that at 5yd and in. “Can’t miss” distances. Grip the gun hard, center the blurry sights in the middle of the big brown thing’s A-zone, and punch the trigger twice as fast as you can, coming off it entirely - or very nearly so.

F**ing around with the reset is going to give you trigger freeze.

Here’s a run where I was only focused on splitting as hard as I could on the first two arrays (match was over and we were re-shooting stages) and yeah, the transitions are far too slow.

Dropped 4 Cs on paper just seening how fast I could hammer the trigger. You can spot the various points in the video where my grip wasn’t up to par:

https://instagram.com/p/BergNntFnMO/

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Come off the trigger. Stop. Riding. Reset

The reset is helpful if you’re on a long target, in a bullseye match, or listening to the tacticool guys who don’t know any better and like to throw “tacticle reset” and “bore axis” around on gun forums

0.2 isn’t a terribly fast split. As a newer shooter... you’re probably going to be using that at 5yd and in. “Can’t miss” distances. Grip the gun hard, center the blurry sights in the middle of the big brown thing’s A-zone, and punch the trigger twice as fast as you can, coming off it entirely - or very nearly so.

F**ing around with the reset is going to give you trigger freeze.

Here’s a run where I was only focused on splitting as hard as I could on the first two arrays (match was over and we were re-shooting stages) and yeah, the transitions are far too slow.

Dropped 4 Cs on paper just seening how fast I could hammer the trigger. You can spot the various points in the video where my grip wasn’t up to par:

https://instagram.com/p/BergNntFnMO/

Nice run. Thanks for the tips I’ll work on that as well. I know .2 isn’t terribly fast but being a newer shooter that’s my first goal.

Those five yard let it fly shots I gotta let it hang out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk