Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oregon Single Stack

Loves2Shoot

l2s,

Great Videos. Really good job on the 2 texas stars! Thanks for posting.

It seems lately every shooting trip North has included a diet of stars and donuts.

Yah, I don't know what was up with that. I was shooting about 185 pf. When I watched it the first time I thought it almost looks like I had a few rounds that were hot. The targets were at a 10-15 yard away. The center had a donut and you had to either wait for plates to fall or go back and forth, I generally just wait. I was shooting about 185 PF

I had 5 shots get away from me this match, the timing from my limited is just enough different that I had bads shot were I shouldn't have.

Maybe you can recall from the stage...

It could be that different recoil was from a desire to see something (different) on the various targets? Likely at a sub-consciouos level?

Seems like you may have been driving the gun back with more (something) for certain targets? I can't guess, I didn't see the stage. Maybe for splits? Maybe to see and be ready for the donut plates?

In looking at it more and watching the brass, I think it might be a limitation of my Cybershot in video mode. I think that it was only catching the peak of the recoil in some frames and not others. I know my .45 doesn't shoot as flat as it looks in some of the frames ;) It bucks like a mule.

I just looked up the specs and in video mode it only captures 16 fps. Maybe that is not enough to be accurate in recoil?

The targets were all far enough away (15+ yards) that I think I was trying to see the same sight picture for most all the shots. It was a very slow and painful stage :(