Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar-15 Conversion To 22lr

encoreman

Thanks Stinger, do you have one or ever used one? Was wondering how functional they are, as far as jams etc.

Yes i have used one but sold it for finacial reasons. Function is pretty good, as long as u use a plated type bullet. Also the plated bullets are easier on the cleanup. The highest # of rounds w/o a jam was somwhere in the area of 300-400 rounds. Ive never used the high cap mags so i have no opinion on those.

PM me for the dealer price.

Hi,

I also use a Ciener kit in my AR15's with succes.

Only use it 50 meters and tested about 40 different 22lr loads in it at this range.

I had better luck with the lead bullets (clean your barrel well after shooting lead bullets) compared with the plated, high speed offerings. Best was the Lapua Master L matchbullet, but that's a quite expensive bugger.

Most loads averaged between 1 and 2 inches at 50 meters (but the Lapua went into the 1/2 inch area). I use the Lapua bullet for short range practice.

The kit I use functions flawlessly in my barrels ranging from 10 to 20 inches.

And besides... These contraptions are pure, uncutt FUN!

Cheers from Amsterdam,

BolloX

• 3 weeks later...
I know they make uppers in 22lr for an AR-15. A friend said he thought someone makes a conversion kit where you don't change the complete upper. Anybody know? Wanted a cheaper conversion. Thanks!!

Try the DPMS model.

Mags are near standard dimensions and I believe it has a better reputaion than the Ceiner model. Price is about the same, mags available from MidwayUSA.

40 grain high speed long rifle ammo works best, try CCI MiniMags or Remington "Goldens" for best performance. I'm very happy with mine.