Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Honesty And Humility In Shooters

Merlin Orr

Shot our club match today. RO'ed a shooter on the classifier. During scoring I called the hits and was stopped by the shooter after calling 6 hits on the last - weak hand target. There were 6 hits on the target but the shooter pointed out to me that one hit was from a previous shooter. He saw lube around the hole and he said it looked like a .40 to him. He also said he thought he pulled his last shot and thought he had missed....A closer look proved him to be correct.

Kind of a rare occurrence - is it not? The same shooter pasted, ran shooters and tore down after the match. Impressed me. :D

Now I don't have that much experience with Area Directors - is this the way they all act???? :huh:

Proud of the Area 4 director.

Merlin

They must have elected a new Area 4 director since I left.

OR

Are you telling me Hicks was actually honest???? Holy crap!!!!! He actually worked also???? That is impossible!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Hicks is a cool guy and a hard worker.

Everyone at that match is always friendly, helpful, and polite...... and more than willing to give tips to newbies! I feel very fortunate to be with such a good group here in Area 4. We had a good time..... and of course, the catfish afterward made it all even better!!

Mike

Merlin, if the target had a hole in it from a previous shooter did he get a reshoot?

US 9.1.4 "...If there are extra scoring hits or questionable penalty hits thereon, and it is not obvious which hits were made by the competitor being scored, the affected competitor must be ordered to reshoot the course of fire."

Basically says that if the hits cannot be determined to be from the shooter then a reshoot is ordered.

dj