Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Batteries

• 1 year later...

Reviving an oldie...

Things I learned today:

Plenty of options to run your Cmore

Watch batteries are equivalent when stacked together to standard 1/3N battery.

Lots of "sizes" will work. Seems that LR44 and A76 are the main options but 357 seems to be pretty normal as well.

Most interesting point I learned was the difference between LR44 and A76. Seems that the spec for LR44 calls for alkaline cell and A76 calls for Silver Oxide cells. The cheaper batteries are generally the Alkaline version.

One chap pointed out the his sight went out mid-stage and another claimed that this shouldn't happen, it should slowly dim instead. Both were partially correct; it depends on the type of cell being used. Alkaline cells have a sloping power curve and will dim over time. If, however, you use the silver oxide cells, they have a constant power curve and will just stop when the cell is spent. If you look on the packages, it will often, not always, tell the type of cell.

Also, Walmart here in Hartselle, AL does still stock "Night Bobby" replacement batteries for $1.97 for a 2pk. The package is labeled A76 but the cells say LR44, so I'm guessing they are alkaline.

I'm thinking of using the alkalines for practice and then pop in a set of silver oxides for matches.

Hope this helps someone. This thread led me down the rabbit hole and a little research tied it all together for me. I'm sure all you smarter people already knew this stuff though...

Edited by wgj3