Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok, So Who's Done This ....

Jerry V

Ever shoot a stage were everything went real smooth -- reloads, transistion, hitting your steel.......

..... except when you find out it wasn't that smooth :wacko:

Ok, ready ..... beep :blink:

I drew and ran to the barrier on the left, shot 4 IPSC thru a port with a very smooth reload after the 3rd. Turned 180' and ran to the other barrier (with the muzzle pointing downrange of course :huh: ) and shot another 4 IPSC also thru a port, with another well executed reload. Then I ran down middle between the 2 barriers with a extremely fine running reload.

Now as I'm stepping into the box I'm raising the front sight of my 610 on to the IPSC/NOSHOOT (you know the kind where the noshoot is covering the bottom half of the A zone) squeeze off 2 shots, then start on the steel... 1 steel ... 2 steel ... 3 steel ... 4 steel .... smooth reload .... 5 steel .... then the other IPSC/NOSHOOT. Unload ... show clear ... holster

Now I'm feelin real good when I notice 2 perfect head shots on the first IPSC/NS ........ in the NOSHOOT :o

40pts ... penalty.... AAAHHHHHH

I tried to explain to the RO the first shot would have dropped the good guy ... I mean noshoot :huh: ..... which means the second shot would have been a Alpha in the bad guy ... I mean ..... oh, you know what I mean <_<

Will I at least made him laugh :P .... but he wouldn't go for it

I did learned a couple things: concentrate on the shot and the front sight ..... don't get over confident :huh:

...... and I'm getting pretty damn good at my reloads :rolleyes:

----- Jerry

I run a 610 as well, but my reloads are not smooth. I've pretty well resigned myself to the fact that with an unavoidable slow time, my only chance to best fellow revo competitors is to get most of the points in a stage.

This fatalistic attitude seems to actually help, as with it my scores are good but when I sense a glimmer of hope I speed up and screw up.

Another way to describe this fatalistic attitude is, I tell myself I'm not really in an IPSC competition. No. My job is simply to get all As and never miss a steel :mellow: