Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm Uspsa Revo Load

10mmdave

So I shot a match this past weekend with the light hitting 610 revo,

made up a sweet shooting load that seems to be quite accurate.

10mm Fed case, Fed lrg primer, 4.2 grns of Titegroup,

200 grn TC Westcoast, 168 power factor out of a 6.5" S&W 610

The match was fun but from a 6 shooters perspective you really

have to forget what the Lim 10 and production guys are doing and

keep telling yourself you only have six shots (I only pulled the trigger

7 times once :D )

OH and you have a front sight out there too :angry: !

It was fun and I'll shoot some more match's after The BIG DAWG

shoot at the end of the month.

Dave, what kind of gun are you shooting at the BIG DAWG?

Mike

Hi Mike, I'll be shooting 2 627's, my open gun and a new (to me) V8 for iron.

Now if I was a real man I'd shoot 6 shooters but I ain't that manly :)

I like Doug's directions to the range "big mutha hill", "run down gas station"

"cross the skunk river" :D:D:D

Where the heck am I going :wacko: (I seen Deliverance ya know :huh: )

Dave, wait until you see this range.....it's way down in the holler where the hoot-owls $%^& the chickens. If you turn your electronic muffs up far enough, you can sometimes hear the banjo music floating in from down yonder across the river. I was surprised to see that Doug's directions didn't include the phrase "shanty town," as that is how he normally describes the cluster of shacks up where you turn off the main road. The stats building is up on cinder blocks.

Please, please don't judge all of Iowa based on the Lowell range, OK?

(Despite all that, and no I'm not kidding about any of the above, it's actually a pretty good place to shoot, and I know the boys have been putting in a lot of effort to get things ready for the Big Dawg match. I'm sure it will be a great time!)

I'm shooting my 627 in limited. Sam's shooting Doug's 627 .38 Super in limited. With holes cut through some of the friggin' plates, we're not about to try 6-shooters! (I'm seriously wondering whether 8 will be enough, especially with no throw-aways...)

See you there,

Mike

Dave, wait until you see this range.....it's way down in the holler where the hoot-owls $%^& the chickens.  If you turn your electronic muffs up far enough, you can sometimes hear the banjo music floating in from down yonder across the river.  I was surprised to see that Doug's directions didn't include the phrase "shanty town," as that is how he normally describes the cluster of shacks up where you turn off the main road.  The stats building is up on cinder blocks. 

Please, please don't judge all of Iowa based on the Lowell range, OK?   

(Despite all that, and no I'm not kidding about any of the above, it's actually a pretty good place to shoot, and I know the boys have been putting in a lot of effort to get things ready for the Big Dawg match.  I'm sure it will be a great time!)

I'm shooting my 627 in limited.  Sam's shooting Doug's 627 .38 Super in limited.  With holes cut through some of the friggin' plates, we're not about to try 6-shooters!  (I'm seriously wondering whether 8 will be enough, especially with no throw-aways...) 

See you there,

Mike

What have I gotten myself into :(

Whadda ya mean no throw aways :o:o:o

I didn't see that :wacko:

With holes cut through some of the friggin' plates, we're not about to try 6-shooters!  (I'm seriously wondering whether 8 will be enough, especially with no throw-aways...) 

See you there,

Mike

Friend that's going says aim for the hole, the trigger jerk will put the bullet

on steel :)

And I'm not new to Iowa, shot the Pins Nationals out at the Dixon range years ago.

Even made it over to the creak (i think thats how'd you'd spell it) for breakfast.

Now there's a place you look out for banjo music :unsure:

Yep, Dave, we absotively remember you--it'll be good to see you out here again--Doug told me awhile back that you were signed up!

Breakfast at the crik has been a Sunday morning tradition since the late '60s.... (and it's my kind of religion, know what I mean??)