Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40rd Mag Rebuild Today

PMI. But then, I have an actual gastro-intestinal response in the presence of anything Bushmaster.

That said, I am really impressed with the quality of the mag(s) that I have from PMI. Heavy duty and ran like a champ from jump (literally took it apart, dropped in a Magpul and ISMI spring...done).

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do you use for a replacement spring in the 45 rounders? I've seen the DPMS ones, but never heard of the Sudden Death referred to in an earlier post.

Since I've had problems with my Colt 40 rounder, I've changed out the spring to an ISMI chrome silicone and the follower to a MagPul and trimmed down the edges. Lubed inside the tube with silicone aerosol. Seems to run fine now, and I'm feeling good enough about it to use in an upcoming local multi-gun match.

Lubed inside the tube with silicone aerosol. Seems to run fine now, and I'm feeling good enough about it to use in an upcoming local multi-gun match

I used to think things like silicone in AR mags improved function. Now I don't. If a mag needs lube to function, it's got problems and will eventually screw ya', usually when you don't really need the hassle.

If they don't run 100% when dry, then they DON'T run 100%!