Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ejection Port Lowering, How Much To Cut?

tank69

"Also, who knows how deep the G18 cut is?"

There are few, if any, G18s in civilian hands in the US. Of what relevance is the G18's ejection port to your project?

Regards,

C.

There is an article in Front Sight, the USPSA magazine, this month that speaks to using the Carver mount and the need to lower the ejection port with the competition mount.

Rick

Carver recomends 1/10th of an inch. You really should not cut into the slide unless you have to though. Once the tenifer has been removed it makes it very easy to crack the slide (yes I have cracked one already.)

Yes, I am adding a Carver mount and C-More scope for an Open gun project.

As for the G18 cut, it may or may not make a difference, but since I can get it done very inexpensive, I was going to do it.

There are few, if any, G18s in civilian hands in the US. Of what relevance is the G18's ejection port to your project?

It's not the ejection port on the G18 i'm talking about. On the top of the slide, right in front of where the rear sight is mounted, there is a "slot". This slot lightens the slide quite a bit and provides a faster cyclic rate. May or may not be relevant to my needs, but just wanted the info in case I try it.

It's not the ejection port on the G18 i'm talking about. On the top of the slide, right in front of where the rear sight is mounted, there is a "slot". This slot lightens the slide quite a bit and provides a faster cyclic rate. May or may not be relevant to my needs, but just wanted the info in case I try it.

Tank ,

Re:G18

I think that port is similar to the Glock "34/35" models.

Another option is to get some slide cuts like Novak's Handgunner Outlet does.

Edited by Mark Perez

If you're thinking about removing any metal from the rear of the slide like with the G18 be very careful. My smith tried this and got a little ambitious. He cut into the firing pin safety tunnel. For lightening I would suggest you look at the front of the slide first. The sides have a bunch of unnecessary metal that can be cut away up front.