Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Connector Hang Up?

Almo

I put Ghost Rockets in my Models 22/23. Got everything polished and adjusted so the trigger felt right, with just a touch of overtravel. Then I decided to test slide function. So, I pulled the trigger and held it down while working the slide (imitating what happens during actual firing). It was very difficult to pull the slide back. It was like it was caught on something. I tried the stock connectors, and the slide worked smoothly. I don't want to try it with live ammo if it might hang up on something internally and break something. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Please don't tell me to contact Ghost. I've already sent them two E-Mails with no responses. Thanks.

I should have looked at Mr. Vanek's website before I posted the other brand of stop. Click to see his stuff:

HERE

The ejector housing has set screws for pretravel and overtravel - I find that they both help minimize the time spent disturbing each sight picture or each shot.

When you adjust this type of overtravel screw, the point where you see the trigger bar tab lift up off the bottom of the housing notch - that's where you've gone too far. Back out a little bit from there to ensure your trigger bar drops clear of the striker or those 2 parts will wear out and you'll go full auto.

I would recommend you buy both parts he offers, if you aren't getting his trigger service. Charlie's FP safety plunger is the BEST - much better than the Lightning Strike plunger. I just traded Charlie's part into my G17 and the difference is amazing.

I'm going to send the G17 9Major gun to Vanek, I can't stand missing all the plates like I've been doing in matches - with a gun that groups 1/2" and shoots 1.8second Bill Drills.