Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from Texas

ThatNewGuyMatt

Hey everyone!

I just attended my first match (as an observer) this last Saturday. I had a blast and even got to shoot a couple custom builds. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I'm going to buy for my first comp. gun. I'm looking towards limited in USPSA.

Looking forward to learning a lot and making friends in this awesome sport!

Hey Matt,

Welcome from Houston!

There are some great smiths in Texas. Benny Hill (triangle shooting sports), Dawson Precision and Brazos Custom (Bob) to name a few. 

My first limited gun is a Brazos Custom High  Performance Edge. He takes a stock Edge, hard chromes, goes over it with a fine tooth comb and tunes/replaces anything out of spec, upgrades some parts then tunes the trigger to the definition of a glass rod breaking. 

His custom BCG limited guns are amazing too with a slightly higher price point. 

I'd recommend starting off with a used pistol to find out exactly what you like and don't then upgrading or having a custom gun built then keep your original as a backup. 

Its end end of season for a lot of northerners so there are a lot of great deals in the classifieds right now.  Even a couple of Bob's guns.