Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RH Safety Detent - Not fitting?

speedseeker

Anyone ever have trouble with the RH safety detent not fitting?  I am able to slip the detent into its normal position, but when I try to rotate the RH safety so the detent slips into the groove on the safety, I can't get the safety to rotate.  This detent was ordered from Cajun Gun Works, is it possible the thin part of the detent isn't thin enough?  Or am I missing something subtle?  Any tips/tricks to getting these two parts to fit?

Edited by speedseeker

I should also mention this is on a Shadow 2.  When I ordered from CGW, I spoke with someone and they gave me a part number for ordering.  When I look on their website the part is in their Shadow 2 section but is listed as a TS part.  Think it matters?

6 minutes ago, yigal said:

it's the same part.

look if it has small burrs on the end of it .

remove burrs with  sand paper only. and lube it

be careful not remove material. only burrs.

OK.  After looking I do indeed see (thanks to my magnification visor) some burrs.  I'll take a crack at light sanding.  What do you recommend?  400grit?  800?

Tried it.  No joy.  This part clearly doesn't fit.  It seems like either: 

A - the tapered down part that is designed to slip into the groove of the RH safety is too thick

B - The overall part is thicker than spec.  

I believe A is the issue here because when I look close I can see that the part is directly butting against the safety preventing it from rotating.

Any advise is appreciated.  I'll be calling CZ custom in the morning if I am unable to resolve. 

OK.  Mystery solved.  After much frustration I've learned that yes, indeed, the RH detent is the same part; however, the RH safety itself is not identical to the Shadow 1.  After trying the RH safety that came with the extended safety on my Shadow 2, I saw that it is in fact a thicker part.  The RH safety of the Shadow 2 reaches deeper inside the frame when compared to the Shadow 1's RH safety.  Once I used the RH safety that came with the gun things went back together as expected.  

Learn something new every day!  Thanks for the help yigal.