Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PPQ Recoil Springs and Base Pads in Production

saibot

I received my new tungsten guide rod from Walther for my Q5 Match, but when used with my Springer basepads, I'm over the Production weight limit for my pistol. Max is 29.5 oz and I would be at 30.44.

Does anyone know if the Taylor Freelance base pads are significantly lighter than the springer? Looking at the photos on their site it looks like they are "hogged out" for weight.

Or, anyone know the weight of the other guide rod options out there? 

...grumble...stupid 2 oz over Production limit....grumble...

• 6 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, saibot said:

I received my new tungsten guide rod from Walther for my Q5 Match, but when used with my Springer basepads, I'm over the Production weight limit for my pistol. Max is 29.5 oz and I would be at 30.44.

Does anyone know if the Taylor Freelance base pads are significantly lighter than the springer? Looking at the photos on their site it looks like they are "hogged out" for weight.

Or, anyone know the weight of the other guide rod options out there? 

...grumble...stupid 2 oz over Production limit....grumble...

Disregard below.....I just now bothered to notice the date of your post. I'm a dork.

The weight rule for Production has changed to 4 ounces over factory specified weight. Based on the numbers you're giving, you are fine with your current set up. I just checked the Walther website and they give 27.9oz as the weight for the Q5 Match. If you do want to shave some weight, get a hold of the guys at Springer Precision. I had them hog out some material from their basepads and was able to save a bit of weight that way, but I don't think you need to if you don't want to.

Edited by BillGarlandJr
Response to post was dated