Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your Most Expensive Match

8shooter

I have just got back from the IRC.... and here come the bills ..... the credit card bill arrived, tallied off shared accomdation expenses etc with my fellow travelling partner and damn near passed out.

To give you an approx break up....

$1750 on Accomodation & Car Hire

$4000 Living Expenses (mind you this does include a few spending sprees in Cabellas and the Gun Shop in Topton, but mostly Alcohol)

Plus it cost me $6750 to pay someone to do my job for me while I was away. :angry:

Now a quick calculation puts a 2 week trip to the States at the $12500 OOOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHH :wacko:

Thank the Lord I got this trip on frequent flyer miles or that would have kicked it to the $15 k mark. :wacko:

Lucky I was happy with my finish huh.

Who else has a Match that they remember being expensive and not just financially.

Wow!

I have always wanted to add the IRC to my yearly matches but I run a match the same weekend in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for an old Canadian buddy of mine that helped my sons and I learn to shoot the Steel Challenge. Eddy Brown died at age 37 of a massive heart attack and we put on the funnest and fastest weekend in the Northwest at the Eddy Brown Memorial Metal Match. Go to www.sppl.us for details.