Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.45 G.a.p.

dajarrel

Does anyone use .45 GAP brass to load for thier 625? Does it make major and, if you would, what is your load?

If I could make major, it just seems that the short brass with a 200 or 230 ball bullet would sure be easy on a reload. :D

dj

I've experimented with 200's and 4.5 grns of titegroup. They are loose in the clips I have. I have volunteered to test Mr. Hearths clips, I keep checking the mail but nothing yet :-)

My concern was accuracy but they are just as accurate as reg 45 brass.

Thanks guys,

I went back as Carlos suggested and found the thread on .45 GAP. I just want you to know that I did a search but didn't come up with anything. (this is so the 'why didn't you search' police don't bust me :D )

What was funny about it was that I had read and posted on that very thread. It was a year ago but I did I remember it??? Nooooo.

Thanks again. I'll load up a few and see.

Carlos, regular .45 rounds are very tight in the moon clips where .40 rounds are usually looser. Are the GAP rounds as loose as the .40's or are you familiar with them?

thanks

dj

Why does everybody but me seem to want their rounds so dang tight in their moonclips? I want it sloppy enough it'll still go in easy even if something's not lined up quite right......

(Is that a perfect set-up for a punch line, or what? El Conquistador?)